This post is for anyone stressing out over their house not being perfect for the holidays. Here’s what I know:
- I don’t ever remember thinking about what our tree looked like when I was very little, except that I liked to sit and watch the colored lights and play with the wise men and Jesus.
- I do remember our family being together around the table, talking for hours, and all the great food we ate with aunts, uncles and cousins dropping by almost constantly.
- As I got older, I wondered why people chuckled when they came and looked at our trees.
- Now that I’m looking at these photos, I think I know.
- Did it matter? Absolutely not. If I had to choose between my loving family, or great decor, I’d take family in a nanosecond.