By now, you know I wear my Italian-ness like a badge of honor. Just surviving childhood, with the nuns during the day and my mom’s Vesuvius-like temperament at home was a pretty impressive feat. I think our formative years gave me and my siblings an above average sense of humor and excellent reflexes from dodging the spatula.
So, when the holidays roll around I love finding things we can all identify with. Usually they involve food, but some are just fun like my Italian Curse Word Wine Charms. I’ve been looking around and have created a list of fifteen things you’ll probably love. If you’re Italian you might love them even more.
- A pasta rolling machine. Making homemade pasta is way easier than you think, and delicious – so make this your year to try it! Order it at this link: Williams Sonoma Imperial Pasta Machine
- A pasta dryer. Don’t dry your beautiful pasta by draping it over tables and chairs. Order a pasta dryer at this link: This makes drying pasta way easier than draping it over tables and chairs – trust me, I’ve done it! Order it by clicking on this link: Pasta Dryer – Williams Sonoma
- The My Sauce is Better Than Yours Apron featuring the six most dreaded words to an Italian. If you wear it, I can’t promise your safety. To order click on this link: My Sauce is Better Than Yours Apron
- The Italian Washed Linen Table Runner because it makes your table look like Sophia Loren will come walking in at any moment. (Helpful tip – iron it damp!) Click on this link: Italian Washed Linen Table Runner
- Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil. Because when I bake lemon biscotti, Lemon Ricotta Bread, or anything lemony, it turns out delicious with this lemon oil! (Too bad I’ve run out – hint hint!) Click on this Boyajian Lemon Oil link
- Italian Spice Box because it’s so stinking cute. Great for holding salt near the stove when you’re cooking (Or hiding your favorite candy in.) Why mess with a salt shaker when you can sprinkle quickly with your hand? Order it at this link: Italian Spice Box
- My Nonna’s Sauce is Better Than Yours Bib or Creeper, because babies can get away with wearing stuff like this. Order it by clicking on this link: My Nonna’s Sauce is Better than Yours Bib …And Here’s the link for the creeper: My Nonna’s Sauce is Better than Yours Creeper
- Italian Curse Word Wine Charms because my mom said cursing never sounds as bad in Italian. Just read Curse Words Never Sound As Bad in Italian and you’ll understand why I had to memorialize them with wine charms. Get them by clicking on this link: Italian Curse Word Wine Charms You can even substitute your sainted mom’s favorite curse words!
- Italians Don’t Measure, We Just Know apron. This is not one of my designs, but I love it. Click on this link: Italians Don’t Measure, We Just Know Apron
- Illy Intenso Ground Espresso. This is one of my two favorite espressos. It’s bold and delicious. If you’re lucky you can find it at your local grocery, if not, you can get it on Amazon by clicking on this link: Illy Intenso Ground Espresso.
- Battery Frother with Case because sometimes you just can’t make it to Starbucks for that foamy latte! My nephew had one of these and I thought it was totally cool! Click on this link: Battery Frother with Case
- Italian Inspirations Gift Basket from Harry and David because everything they have is pretty awesome. Click on this link for the Italian Inspirations Gift Basket
- The DeLallo Cheese and Charcuterie Gift Collection because I’ve gotten food at DeLallo’s, a Pittsburgh area company, and it’s always delicious! Here’s the link: Cheese and Charcuterie Gift Collection
- John and Kira’s Chocolate Figs. I know, you’re thinking, who the hell would pay 42 bucks for twelve figs? I have, and they’re totally worth it! They’re filled with a whiskey infused dark chocolate ganache and dipped in dark chocolate too. Trust me on this one! Just click on his link: John and Kira’s Chocolate Figs
- Fattoria Estense: Balsamico. This is one of those things that is a huge splurge (for me anyway) but it’s delicious and a little goes a long way and is an absolutely wonderful gift. Just click on this link: Fattoria Estense: Balsamico
However, if you’d like to support a Pittsburgh company, you can also order it here: Pennsylvania Macaroni Company – Fattoria Estense: Balsamico
Just think, you might just get all your holiday shopping done early for a change! If you like this list, please re-post it. And if you’re not a follower already, please scroll to the top right of this page, fill out the sign up link, and my blog will come straight to your inbox. That’s way better than waiting for it to post on Facebook, Linked in or Instagram!